Friday, April 21, 2006

More Gripes

So, it’s been a few days since I last posted. If anybody has read this, I would appreciate any comments you might have.

We have a new employee starting, and I will be training him as a part time Night Auditor. The current part time night auditor is moving to day shift. He has not been doing it very long but I guess he is already going out of his mind in the position.

I don’t like training new people. I have gotten to used to working on my own.

Tonight I checked in my first mobster. I was warned about his connections. I feel like I was placed in a difficult position. Usually we need a guest’s credit card or a prepayment of some type to hold a reservation.

This guy had none of these. An exception was given to him.

I also found out that the room he was assigned was accidentally not cleaned by the maids and the Assistant Manager went up there to clean before he left. I do not know how good a job he did since this is not something he usually does.

I wound up canceling the reservation before my audit at 3am because he never showed up. Of course he comes in @ 3:25am just at the tail end of my audit. He has his nephew with him and needs another room. We are unfortunately sold out.

The guy was tired but surprisingly nice. I booked the nephew a reservation at a nearby hotel and I gave the mobster guest an extra discount on the room. (I did not want him angry, and I was not sure on the condition of the room).

He gave me a $20 tip for being helpful. I now need to warn the day shift he will probably come in later and settle up for an extra day.

I like the tip, but I do not want this guy makes me nervous and I do not want him given a hard time and then find out my whole family has been wiped out:)

Other than that, things have been quiet. Our parking lot is regularly full and I am forced to ask guests to park on the street. I do not like doing this.

So many of the guests have these large SUV’s that take up 2 spaces, or people from neighboring buildings park in our lot. I have to spend at least 20 minutes checking permits to see if I can tow anyone. It is tricky because I do not want to tow a guest. Our front desk staff sometimes does not get enough details of a vehicle. A vehicle that may belong to a guest may not be properly identified in our system and I do not know if they are one of ours or not. An example would be the description Blue Ford. That could be 20 percent of the cars in the lot. I need a license plate and model at the very least.

Oh well. I guess I complain too much. I did like the tip tonight though. It was much needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home