Sunday, April 09, 2006

2nd Entry

Howdy!

O.K.

This is my second entry to my new BLOG. Well things started off well. I clocked in and conferred with the 2nd shift night auditor. Poor guy is still sick. He said he felt awful. He did not know why our drawer was short $9.54. He thinks maybe, some of the staff may have borrowed $10.00 to by him a cake yesterday since it was his birthday. Oh well, I am sure we will figure it out. I did the usual of checking vacancies and arrivals. Answer= Sold Out and just one arrival to go. I counted our drawer and changed the tape. My arrival showed up a little after 1pm. She flew in from NJ. Poor woman looked tired. Apparently Hertz gave her a hard time, she ordered a particular vehicle, and they brought out another trying to up sell her. (Not cool!). Of course the system froze on me while checking her in and delayed me getting her into her room because I needed to print up her registration for a signature. Considering having a long flight with delays, traveling with kids and the hard time Hertz gave her, she was unusually patient. After 15 minutes of delay I finally got her key and signature and directed her to parking and the location of her room, but the night had not ended for her. As she exited the door of our front office, a drunken passerby started propositioning her asking where she is going and gave her a hard time, I told him to back off. He laughed and continued to walk on. I should have clubbed him with Maggie. Oh well. I had all my paperwork completed and finished my audit before 1pm. I then went for a walk around the hotel, Came back and kicked back to some coffee and music on the radio. I carry a razor kit with me since I don't always get to shave during the day and proceeded to clean off my whiskers in the bathroom. Sorry, I'm weird but I actually like shaving not to mention I am capable of anything to pass the time. I happen to be a collector of antique razors and actually use them. My skin can't handle the new multibladed razors that are currently on the market. The old time single blade razors seem to treat my skin better (e.g. no ingrown hairs or redness). 2:30 I proceeded to do anther walk around the hotel. All is quiet again. Nothing unusual, just the way I like it. My only annoyance it the continual walking in of people looking for rooms. I have a sign posted on our doors stating "NO VACANCY!" Yet people cannot read. They walk in and ask,

Illiterate stupid person: "Do you have a room?"

Me: "Sorry, but we're sold out."

Illiterate stupid person: " So you have no rooms?"

Me: "We are sold out, sorry."

Illiterate stupid person: "Not one room? I only need one."

Me: "Sorry, we are sold out."

Illiterate stupid person: "I'll pay extra."

Me: "I'm sorry there are no rooms available, if I had a room, I would sell you one. We are in the business of selling rooms and making a profit, but I have no rooms to sell."

Illiterate Stupid Person: "So, you have know rooms:("

Me: "That is right, I have know rooms. (ARRRRGH!)

Any way, it's 3:40; nothing else is going on, if something happens, I will post it..

Well...., it's 7:32am. I am still waiting for my relief to show up. Since Sunday's usual relief front desk person quit a couple of weeks ago and the person who might be coming called in sick yesterday, I am not to hopeful getting out of here soon. My shift should end at 7:30am, but often continues a little longer. I am currently sitting with my fingers crossed. I am tired and an want to go home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home